I thank my God for you

These six months I encountered an emotion that I always avoided before. As a person who is afraid to be hurt, I want to avoid this problem as far as I can. However, if I always avoid this problem, I cannot grow as a human, I cannot learn how to love others and understand how great God's love for us that even when we do not love Him back, He is still pursuing us. Therefore, this time, I try to face this problem, I try to embrace my feeling.

I will lie if I say I don't feel any heartache at all. Honestly, it is so frustrating when every night I start to feel insecure about my feeling. But, by embracing this feeling, I can see how great to be able to see someone grows to love God even more. I start to feel thankful about this person presence in my life, and I learn so many things from this amazing person. The most important thing that I learn during this journey is how deep God's love towards us human because honestly we often let God have an unrequited love towards us. We ignore Him and do not put Him first in our lives. However, our ignorance does not make him gives up, He keeps chasing us.  Therefore, I am thankful for God for letting me meet this person because I can learn how to love and understand His love better :). As a closing statement, let me quote C.S Lewis words:
To love at all is to be vulnerable. Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.



Comments

Popular Posts